History of 129 Brunswick Street
Our home was originally built for John Way in 1880, the Way family owned & lived in the house from 1880 - 1926.
John Way was the owner of a boot shop at 15 Market Place, it was quite the business with 9 assistants.
The second long-term owner of the house was William J Madge, who purchased the house in 1931 and owned it until 1948. William immigrated to Canada in 1905, settling in Stratford. He worked for 17 years as a finisher for McLagan Furniture Company and then owned his own bake shop and confectionery store.
The house was then owned by a series of chiropractors from 1950-1985.
In 1985 the house was turned into a bed and breakfast and has been so ever since.
- Hazen House B&B from 1985 - 1989
- Baker House B&B from 1991 - 1994
- Ambercroft B&B from 1995 - present